The Dementia Friends website is still being developed and so far we have completed three development stages/sprints.
We are using an agile approach which means that we have all the features in place necessary to launch the site but the features that we build into the website in the future will be influenced by what users tell us.
The story so far...
Version 1.3 (release date 31 May 2013)
- The most recent development is that Dementia Friends can now convert to a Dementia Friends Champion using the dashboard in their log in area.
- We have also included a number of changes to improve the accessibility of the website including the use of Access keys which enable you to get around our website using a keyboard to jump to different sections of content across the site
Version 1.2 (release date 13 May 2013)
- We improved the dashboard layout and functionality for both Dementia Friends and Dementia Friends Champions
- The FAQ area has been improved so that users can be directed to the answers to specific questions
- Ensured consistent navigation across all areas of the website
- Added a feature that asks the Dementia Friends Champion whether they wish to send an email update all those attending a session following a change to or cancellation of an event.
- Allowed Dementia Friends Champions to see the actions of all Dementia Friends who have attended their sessions.
Version 1.1 (release date 24th April 2013)
- Added maps and the ability search for your nearest awareness session via post code search.
- We added a feed of the latest Dementia Friends actions to the home page
- Made it clearer to those that had already signed up to the e-newsletter that they would need to set up an account on dementiafriends.org.uk
- We ensured each event has it's own link which can then be shared via email/social media